We recommend choosing your favourite season for your engagement photos. We have done engagement photos in winter, spring, summer, and fall and all are absolutely beautiful!
When choosing your location we are more than willing to help BUT we love when our couples choose a location that is sentimental to them. An example is the proposal location or a favourite place that the two of you like to go.
Things to think about when choosing your location:
- Does this location fit with you and your fiance? If you love hanging out in coffee/cafes why not find a cafe that is well lit and do an urban style engagement shoot.
- Does the location fit the style you are going for, for your engagement shoot? If you are wanting to do a more formal style shoot, depending on the attire, a beach setting may not be the best idea.
What Do We Wear?
We recommend that you don’t match but instead find colours that complement each other and your surroundings. An example is if your background includes a lot of tan colours wearing black or white with blue jeans will look perfect! Pick 2-3 colours you want and work with that. An example is different tones of blues or colours/tones that complement each other like blues and yellows. A pair of blue jeans and a white shirt always looks nice!
Some examples of colours that work well together:
- Grey and different shades of pink
- Blue, yellow, pink, or white
- Tan, light blue and brown
- Dark green, navy and burgundy
- Tan, light olive green and denim
- Black, grey, white, red, pink, yellow, blue or brown
- Dark Purple, light purple, and denim
- Decide if you want casual or dressy attire for your photos session and then choose clothes that you feel good in and that makes you feel like you.
We recommend you stay away from graphics on clothing or anything too busy.
Winter and Fall Engagement Photos
Quick tips for fall:
- Pick a colour palette that works with your surroundings
- Rich oranges, reds, and browns or neutrals work perfectly for fall
- Dress warmly if it is cold!
Quick tips for winter:
- Layer clothing by putting tights or think leggings under your jeans or pants.
- Earthy tones/red tones look great for winter!!
- Scarves and cute mitts are always recommended. The warmer you are the more comfortable you will be for photos!
Summer and Spring Engagement Photos
Quick tips for spring:
- Spring can still be chilly so make sure to dress appropriately for the weather. For example, bring a light sweater.
- Pastels, neutrals, navy blue look great in spring!
- Tip for the men! If you are wanting to do a dressier attire, a blue suit jacket.
Quick tips for summer:
- Choose clothes that you are comfortable in and won’t get overheated in.
- Choose an outfit that goes with your location. An example is maybe wearing flip flops or going barefoot for a beach location
What Should We Bring?
If you have a fur baby or anything that is special to you we recommend bringing them. We have had couples bring pets, motorcycles, bikes, and more. These photos are to represent you so why not bring something you love.
What to expect
98% of our clients start the session by saying they are nervous because they have not had their photos taken professionally before. Don’t worry! We do not expect you to be perfect models, in fact, that would be boring!! What we want to photograph is you as a couple so the ONLY thing we need you to be is yourselves. In the first 5 minutes of the session, we are getting acquainted with one another and we do a warm-up for photos to get rid of the nerves! All of our sessions are full of movement to capture natural interactions. We aim to make all of our sessions a comfortable and fun environment so we can capture who you are as a couple.
We are so excited to work with you! If you have any questions or you are just feeling super nervous feel free to call, text, or email us any time.